Hair Transplant Procedure: The Best Method
Basically, hair transplant procedure works by moving the follicular units from the donor area to the recipient area (the balding area). The donor area is the permanent area where the hair follicles are resistant to DHT hormones, the main cause of hair loss. Hair transplant procedure doesn’t create any new hair, the harvested follicles are derived from your own body. The same hair follicles are transplanted to the balding area and grow the hair there. Since the transplanted hair is your own hair, the result is natural and permanent.
Hair transplant procedure is majorly divided into two methods:
A.Follicular Unit Transplant(FUT) Hair Transplant Procedure
In this method, the surgeon excises the strip of skin from the permanent area. Once it’s striped, the skin which contains follicular units is divided into grafts and transplanted to the balding area. The surgeon will stitch the donor area.
Advantages of FUT Hair Transplant Procedure:
- It suits the massive hair loss which requires more grafts to transplant.
- The striped scalp skin contains follicles resistant to the DHT hormones. FUT Hair transplant procedure will provide a permanent result.
- Since FUT hair transplant can produce more grafts, the surgeon can put more grafts in the balding area. It allows you to have a denser hair growth.
B. Follicular Unit Extraction(FUE) Hair Transplant Procedure
In the FUE method, the surgeon selectively punches the hair grafts one by one. At some points, a targeted amount of grafts may not be fulfilled, but the surgeon can take the best donor hair which may significantly contribute to a more natural look. There will be no stitches needed in the FUE method.
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- It’s less invasive method which requires no stitches and leaves no linear scarring in the donor area.
- It suits a less massive hair loss, the surgeon can optimize the natural look
- When the donor area can’t provide a sufficient hair in a striped area, the FUE can provide hair donor from other parts of the hair.
- The Body Hair Transplant(BHT) surgery can only be done with FUE hair transplant procedure. It certainly helps the extreme hair loss case where the hair donor supply isn’t enough.
- It can be the corrective hair transplant procedure for the previous surgery
The main difference between these two methods is how the surgeon harvest the hair follicles from the transplanted area. The rest procedure is the same where the surgeon transplant the grafts into the balding area. Consult your hair loss now on us and find the best hair transplant procedure for you.